Alrighty, I’m still here in case you were wondering! So, May just flew by in a hurry. But it sure was a great month. My besties from Iceland came to visit and we had sooo much fun, you can’t even imagine. We celebrated the Norwegian national day. Then my in-laws came to visit and having family around is so wonderful. Anitas RG-club (rhythmic gymnastics) had a great show celebrating the 5th anniversary of the club, that meant she had lots of extra practices and I helped out with making some of the costumes – dear lord! Nothing came undone during the performances so thats something!
Don’t worry this is not turning into a diary kind of a blog! Today I’m joining some amazingly talentet ladies on the Sansahash Summer Blog Tour! During the tour you get 40% of ALL Sansahash patterns. Be sure to enter the give-a-way for a shot at winning a pattern of your choice, both through the rafflecopter at the end of this post and on Instagram, you should also check out the other participants on the tour and enter the give-a-way through them to up your chances. Now lets get some photos in here!
My assignment on the tour is showing you a hacked version of the lovely Kamaria. I usually don’t hack patterns, I guess I’m more of a follower than a creator so it took me some time to figure out how the heck I should hack a pattern that already has all the options. I mean the Kamaria has an option for a dress with or without a ruffle, a jumpsuit with or without a ruffle and separates; top and shorts or top and a skirt. If you are thinking come on just add pockets and be done with it, well thats included too! Now you’re probably looking at the first photo again and trying to figure out what I did, HAHA.
Sorry, but this is just the original jumpsuit without the ruffle but with pockets, in some very lovely Japanese fabric from Miss Matatabi that I have been hoarding for quite some time now. Jumpsuits are absolutely perfect for little misses that aren’t very ladylike in manner like mine over here.
I made her size 5 and added length to size 7. That’s the glory of sewing, you can blend sizes so you get the perfect fit every time! She loves this! Lets get to the hacked one then shall we!
My first thought was a cropped top but I didn’t know what to do about the bottoms. Suddenly I thought what about a bikini, can I make that work?
Here is what I did: I chopped off 3″ of the length of the front and back bodice pieces. Took out 2,5″ of the width of the back bodice main and lining. I lengthened both lining pieces to be the same length as main pieces, this makes the top fully lined. I serged the main and lining pieces together wrong sides facing, treating them as one pattern piece after that. I then sewed elastic to the neckline, armholes, back and bottom edges using a three point zig-zag. Than folded over the edges and zig-zaged again from the right side. Then I sewed the side seams together.
For the shorts I sliced the front and back pattern pieces down along the middel and took out probably about 6,5″ I compared my pattern pieces to her underwear to get a feeling for what the width should be. I took 1″ off the top of both pattern pieces. I didn’t line the shorts as my swim fabric isn’t see through. I serged the waist elastic to the wrong side of the shorts, folded it over and topstitched using three point zig-zag. For the leg opening I sewed the elastic to the wrong side of fabric with three point zig-zag, folded over and topstitched again with three point zig-zag.
And voila, this is the outcome! I really love how this came out and she loves it as well. Believe me it totally got put to the test at the beach today and it survived!
Now check out the rafflecopter for your chance to win a pattern of your choice from Sansahash
Be sure to check out mamemimo.com and wilwarinmadewithlove who are also on the tour today and if you want to see the complete line-up, which I totally think you should, check out Sansahash blog post with all the links at the bottom.
(I was giftet the pattern for joining the blog tour but my opinion is honest and my own)