Ok guys issue 13 of One Thimble is out and it doesn’t disappoint this time around either!
I tested the Orbis Skinny Harems a pattern by Sofilantjes. It is one of 10 great patterns included in this issue. I’m so glad I can finally share this with you, it has been very difficult to keep this a secret for the past couple of months!
I was asked to do the short version during testing and these are so cool! I made Viktor a size 7 with no alterations and the fit is perfect.
The pockets are awesome and I love the faux fly! The star fabric is from Stoff og Stil and the stripes are from Nosh, I’ve had both of these for a long time so I’m not sure if they are still available.
We live in Norway so it’s not exactly shorts season here now so I made the full length version as well.
Let me tell you, these have been in heavy rotation! Cool enough for school and very comfy for an active kid.
I used fabric from Nosh for these and used the backside of the fabric for the inside of the pockets. I don’t see this color there anymore, but it is their denim sweatshirting. Very nice to work with. For his sweater here I used the Semper Sweater, a pattern from Sofilantjes as well. Fabric from Stoff og Stil.
Now hurry up and get your copy of One Thimble.
These are the included patterns:
– One Romper (size 1-14)
– Orbis Skinny Harem Pants (size 1-14)
– Kawaii Felt Purses (8 options)
– Kawaii Felt Charms (8 options)
– Kawaii Applique (3 designs)
– Sakuro Clutch
– Peg Shorts (size 3-10)
– Ultimate Suit (size 2-14)
– Party Vest (size 3-14)
– Raglan Party Dress (size nb-12)
Plus there are some very interesting and helpful articles and tutorials in there to:
Sewing with knit & leather
– About shopping for fabric in Japan
– How to do a FBA or SBA to a dartless pattern
– How to make a rubix cube mug rug
– How to make an everything pouch
– How to make a waterproof library bag
– Tips for putting in & removing snaps
– How to make a “long pin” using Pinterest
– Facebook Advert Retargeting
– Gift Guides and much more
(This post includes an affiliated link, but all opinions are as always my very own)