Here is another top I made for little old me.
Who knows maybe sewing for me will be my new thing.
This time I made the Ella Top from Liola Patterns.
It wasn’t really difficult to sew this top but I started it at the beginning of summer
and then I made a mistake when sewing on the neck binding so I abandoned the whole thing.
A couple of weeks ago I picked it up again and ripped out the binding only to figure out I had
probably done it right according to the instructions but it just didn’t look right to me. So I did it
the way that made sense to me and I’m so glad I didn’t just give up on it completely.
The fabric is crepe de chine in blue brushstrokes which I bought from
the imagine gnats store. It looks like she is out of this one now. It is really soft
to the touch and nice to wear. I don’t have much experience working with other stuff
than regular cotton and knits so it was a bit difficult for me to work with.
The top is not perfect, the bust darts don’t line up quite like they should and the hem
might be a little uneven. But it is a pretty
busy print so I don’t think anybody will notice except for me.
I am keeping this short and sweet this time because I really should be packing
for my trip. Tomorrow I’m leaving for New York with my besties, leaving the
kids and my home in the very capable hands of my lovely husband.